Split System Solar Hot Water Penrith (Low Line)
Low line or Split System [Forced circulation]
This model would be the most modern solar system used into days market. It consists of the storage tank situated on the ground and the solar collectors on the roof area. These two units are connected to each other via a flow and return copper lines to transfer the heated water from the collectors to the tank. There is also a small circulating pump to help move the water through the system.
- Up to 80% more efficient than a standard electric storage hot water heater.
- Minimal maintenance.
- Rebates may apply to this unit.
- Can run multiple showers at the same time.
- Long life.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoors.
- They have a much smaller footprint than an electric storage hot water heater.
- No need for any tank to be installed on the roof.
- Have a large range of tank sizes to suit all of your family’s needs.
- All roof types are suitable for the collectors.
- Can have either electric boost or gas boost.
- They can be more expensive for major repairs.
- Best suited in a non shade area of the house.
- Requires the tank to be situated on the ground.
- Tips to maintain your hot water system
Pressure relief valve – Every six months it is advised to pull the lever for ten seconds. Be careful hot water will come out of the discharge pipe. As this valve releases excess pressure it has to changed by law every six months by a licensed plumber.
Contact Shipways Effective Plumbing 0410638342.
Sacrificial anode – This part does exactly what its name is, it corrodes away protecting the hot water cylinder from rusting. It is advised that the anode should be changed every 5 years which will dramatically extend the life of the hot water cylinder. This needs to be changed by a licensed plumber. Contact Shipways Effective Plumbing 0410638342.
Contact us today to find the right Low line or Split Solar hot water system for your household needs.