What are Gas Instant Hot Water Systems?
These units are becoming more and more popular for a number of reasons, the water is heated from a gas burner which the water passes through a heat exchanger to heat the water. The size can range from 20 to a 32 litre model and these units can be ordered in either Natural gas or LP gas.
- Usually cheaper than a solar installation set up.
- Minimal maintenance.
- Long life.
- Suitable for either indoor and out doors depending the model chosen.
- Small area taken up on the wall. Great for small court yards.
- They can be ordered with a tempering valve inbuilt.
- They have a larger carbon footprint than solar system.
- They are relatively more expensive to run than a solar installation.
- Most models require a power point.
- They do use more water than an electric model or storage gas.
- They require Natural Gas or LP gas system installed.
- They require a larger gas pipe.
- Is limited of the water temperature rise from cold, approximately 35 c rise.
- Water saving devices may need to be adjusted to allow the flow.
- Recommend only using one shower at a time.
- Water temperature can fluctuate if another tap is turned on.