These units use the ambient air temperature in conjunction with a sealed refrigerant system to extra the heat from the air and converts it through the water to produce hot water.
This can be done any time of the day or night. For the cold winter days and nights it also is helped by a booster heating element that can help if the ambient air temperature is too low to ensure there is plenty of hot water.
- Up to 70% more efficient than a standard electric storage hot water heater.
- Minimal maintenance.
- Rebates may apply to this unit.
- Can run multiple showers at the same time.
- Long life.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoors.
- Is the most cost effective way to have a solar hot water system.
- They have a much smaller footprint than a electric storage hot water heater.
- No need for any panels to be installed on the roof.
- Have a limited range in capacity size. Would recommend no more than four people per house hold.
- They can be more expensive for major repairs.
- Best suited in a non shade area of the house.