What are Gas Storage Hot Water Systems?
The storage tanks range from 135 to 170 litres and also range from 4 to 6 star energy efficiency rating. This hot water system is considered to be the second most commonly used hot water heater on the market.
This system consists of a cylinder usually mounted on the ground which uses a gas burner to heat the water.
These units can be ordered for either natural gas or LP gas to suit your requirements. This unit is not classed as a solar and does not apply for any rebates. This unit is not classed as a solar heater and does not attract any government hot water rebates.
- The high efficient models can reheat the tanks capacity within an hour.
- Cheaper than a solar installation set up.
- Can run multiple showers at the same time.
- Long life.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoors (specific models).
- Easily repaired and are inexpensive.
- Wastes minimal water through the cycle.
- They only require a small gas pipe.
- Do not require any electricity.
- They have a larger carbon footprint than solar units.
- They are relatively more expensive to run than a solar installation.
- Will need either natural or LP gas meter installation.